vṛndāyai tulasī-devyai priyāyai keśavasya ca viṣṇu-bhakti-prade devī satya vatyai namo namaḥ
Translation: I offer my repeated obeisances unto Vrnda, Srimati Tulasi Devi, who is very dear to Lord Kesava. O goddess, you bestow devotional service to Lord Visnu [or Krishna] and possess the highest truth.This pranama mantra should be said each time one sees Srimati Tulasi devi as a sign of respect to her. While saying it, one should offer their obeisances by bowing down before her.
(1) namo namaḥ tulasī kṛṣṇa-preyasi namo namaḥ rādhā-kṛṣṇa-sevā pābo ei abilāṣī
(3) mora ei abhilāṣa, vilāsa kuñje dio vāsa nayana heribo sadā yugala-rūpa-rāśi
(4) ei nivedana dhara, sakhīra anugata koro sevā-adhikāra diye koro nīja dāsī
(5) dīna kṛṣṇa-dāse koy, ei yena mora hoy śrī-rādhā-govinda-preme sadā yena bhāsi
(6)* yāni kāni ca pāpāni brahma-hatyādikāni ca tāni tāni praṇaśyanti pradakṣiṇaḥ pade pade (x3)
1) O Tulasi, beloved of Krsna, I bow before you again and again. My desire is to obtain the service of Sri Sri Radha-Krsna.
2) Whoever takes shelter of you has his wishes fulfilled. Bestowing your mercy on him, you make him a resident of Vrndavana.
3) My desire is that you will also grant me a residence in the pleasure groves of Sri Vrndavana-dhama. Thus, within my vision I will always behold the beautiful pastimes of Radha and Krsna.
4) I beg you to make me a follower of the cowherd damsels of Vraja. Please give me the privilege of devotional service and make me your own maidservant.
5) This very fallen and lowly servant of Krishna prays, "May I always swim in the love of Sri Sri Radha Govinda".
6)* By the circumambulation of you, all the sins that one may have committed are destroyed at every step, even the sin of killing a brahmana.
*This last verse is not a part of the original song, but rather is a verse that can be said upon circumambulating any highly elevated personality including the guru or Krishna. According to the recommendation of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, this song should be sang every morning and afternoon during Tulasi Puja. In the morning Tulasi Puja is performed right after mangala arati.
Tulasi Puja consists of both singing and arati. During Tulasi Puja three items are offered- incense, a ghee lamp, and a flower. This should be prepared for by preparing a plate with one stick of incense, one bell, a one-wick ghee lamp, a lighter, a fragrant flower, and two acheman cups with Ganga water and a spoon in each cup. Also needed is a kusa grass mat to stand on while performing the arati. The process for performing the arati is as follows: 1) Wash the hands and feet with Ganga water 2) Offer Ganga water to Visnu by putting water into the palm of the right hand in the chin mudra with the left hand and saying the following prayers in order- First the pranama mantra is recited while bowing to Tulasi devi three times, followed by a recitation of the English translation of Tulasi Kirtana. Then, the song is sung in Bengali, with everyone circumambulating Tulasi devi at least four times during the final verse (yani kani ca papani...).
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.